The Travelling Wild Berries

Thursday, November 02, 2006

so long over due...

30th October –LONG OVERDUE!
SO much has happened I don’t know if I should just give up on trying to up date you – you know when you have a list of things to do and it seems so long that you don’t do any of them – you’re too overwhelmed… Well this is like that AND I know from my (invaluable) time management course with the Department of Education that if I just did one the list would shrink and seem more managable – but HEY I’m on holidays right??

Tell me peeps, when, egg saladly, I will have the opportunity to be this selfish again in my life – well maybe never. One moment to thank all those who made it possible – and continue to support me in my endeavours – Thanks.

Ok… so where am I in this crazy world, what have I been doing since I last slackly informed you of some homourous antic… Well I’m in Granada! Yep… today I visited the Al Hambra – Wow… ever since I studied ‘Religious Art and Architecture at St Clares I was 17 I have been fascinated by the idea of visiting this place.. and you know when your expectations are too large… well… y’know, It was good, the gardens were probably the best part but as for Islamic architecture - Hello I’ve been all around the Middle East including recently Egypt and Morocco…

So I wrote something about that I think so out of date and never posted but it follows here… as well as a few notes on some of the stuff I should mention…in the future (I will ! I will!)


15-10-06 (already what, like 2 months since I was in Egypt, actual time I was there was approximately 21st August – 8 September)

Dreadful, dreadful girl that I am… I know ok!!!!! Well, well, well what would YOU be doing if you were travelling Egypt, Spain and Morocco for the last 10 weeks or so… write blogs???? Or check out all the amazing stuff that you never really were sure you’d believe you’d see???? – I mean AMAZING!!!!!!!!

But before I go on about Morocco (where I am now, and I love so much already) I need to rid my system of Egypt….

Eirin and I left Damascus with many tears (well from me, maybe Eirin was a little bit relieved, as the war was still raging on in those days). But I was so sad to leave my new friends and flatmates, and the city I love so much… everyman has two homes, his own, and Syria… hhmmm, I’d kill for a proper Damascene kebab/falafel sandwich…

Anyway we were meant to head to Turkey but decided it was time to see Egypt… Can’t remember how we made our decision, but we did. We headed back to Jordan, checked out Aqaba for a few nights before catching the boat across to the Sinai!!!

The Sinai! Wow, what a place of history – we climbed Mt Sinai, as Moses did, and even checked out ‘the burning bush’ in the Monastery at St. Catherine’s. But what we loved most of all, in all of Egypt was Dahab! How can you not love a place where you find a gorgeous hotel for 18 euros pp p. night, that is European run… and with a private beach. And with daytime temperatures 55 degrees Celsius that beach was a god send.

Even though the Sinai was the place were I caught the death bug which was to plague me for the next 3 weeks it was probably our favourite place in Egypt.

Here I would´ve informed you of more Adventures in Egypt:

Red Sea
Cairo bus trip
Cairo crazy-ness – pyamids, harassment
“tour” – Aswan, Felucca, Luxor

Barcelona (which was 8th September – 14th October)

Getting jobs
Partying

if you like you can check out CHERIe´s blog - she tlaks of our eventful last few days in Barcelona as well as some of the time we had together in Egypt it´s :

http://talesfromafemaletraveller.blogspot.com/

Ok so now that’s outta the way (I’m not saying I’ll never finish telling you about Egypt and Barcelona – only that I want to tell you about Morocco while my mind is fresh!

NEXT POST MOROCCO!! whoooooooooooooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home