The Travelling Wild Berries

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Life goes on in Damascus

Guys,

I have to update you properly but this is just a short note about the things going on in the region. This is not a political blog, it's a travel blog so I'll try and avoid to much of the crapola.

My house has transformed into a think-tank with BBC and Aljeezera on constantly as well as three-four peoples on the net at a time soucing the latest info. My housemate Dave's blog Road to Damascus is good for checking out how the think-tank is well... thinking...

It always a tradegy when people are dying, and war is always avoidable. Don't let the daily rhetoric wash you into a sea of apathy. Peace is important.

xoxo

stay safe.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank God you're OK, Ingrid, I've been worried sick about you since I last heard from Eirin on Friday, and, maybe to my shame, I'm so glad she didn't get there. I do hope you both get to meet up again soon (I know Eirin is missing you) - but somewhere safe!

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Ingrid said…

    Thanks Nikki,

    We're both safe and sound here in Damascus and going about our new student/teacher lives. It's very good to be together again! And don't worry too much I'll take care of her - especially if things change rapidly! (I knew there's a reason I speak Arabic ;-)

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger maria said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger maria said…

    Hello. I am coming to Damascus for several days at the start of august. I wonder if you can share some advise about clothing that I should pack? Also, is walking around alone not advisable for a woman? All the best to you, maria, peace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home